For The Original Recipe Click Here: Teriyaki Salmon
What You'll Need:
- 1 TBL Spoons of Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup of Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar Packed
- 1/2 Tsp of Ground Ginger (optional)
- 1/4 Tsp of Garlic Powder (optional)
- 2 TBL Spoons of Honey
* Optional ingredients, I didn't have them at the moment so I did without and the sauce came out very tasty, so if you don't use the ginger or garlic powder, you're not missing anything. ;)
- 2 Boneless , Skinless Chicken Breasts ~ Thawed
Sriracha Cream Sauce
- 1/2 Cup of Mayo
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Sriracha
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk
To begin, we'll start by making the Teriyaki Sauce. Combine Soy Sauce, Cornstarch, Brown sugar, Ground ginger(optional), Garlic powder (optional) and honey in a sauce pan on medium heat. Add a 1/4 Cup of water and let simmer until sauce becomes thick. It should be a bit pasty when dipping a spoon, Be careful not to overcook. Takes 10 minutes or less and stir continuously.
Once the sauce is ready, let cool for about five minutes. Pour the teriyaki sauce into a bowl and add the two chicken breasts, let marinate in the fridge for half an hour or overnight. ( I did half an hour).
Once the chicken is done marinating, on a non-stick medium skillet, place chicken breasts with the sauce over it on medium heat. The chicken should be white and soft to touch. I used tongs to flip the chicken over a few times and with the tongs I also pulled apart the chicken, making it shredded chicken.
Once the chicken is cooked, it should look something like this. ^
The Sriracha cream sauce is the easiest of all. All you have to do is combine the ingredients in a bowl. Mayo, Condensed milk and the sriracha and mix until it is an orangy paste. Tada!
Serve the chicken over white rice or Thai Rice (what I used) and with a spoon drizzle the sriracha cream sauce over the chicken. To make it fancy, add chopped green onion bits over the chicken and cream sauce!
There you have it! Super easy Recipe that you're hubby will thank you for and you'll enjoy! My toddler even loved it! Let know how your sriracha cream dinner turned out!