Saturday, January 17, 2015

Old Fashioned




You guys...! I am so proud to announce that I have officially become a woman! I'm 24 years old and I have just now, today, hours ago, conquered the perfect pancake! So, I'm on the late train but that's okay, because the deliciousness of the pancakes I made totally makes up for years of bad pancakes. So what's the secret?

I found the perfect recipe for old fashioned pancakes on A Household Alamanac a blog by a young chef by the name of Rachel Shultz. She's got some great recipes on there including the perfect pancakes! I will leave the recipe down below or just head on over to her blog to check it out.

Hope this recipe turns up your weekend by a hundred! =)


Old Fashioned Pancakes 

1 1/2 Cups of Flour

3 Teaspoons of Baking Powder

1 Teaspoon of Salt

1 Tablespoon of Sugar

1 1/4 Cups of Milk

1 Egg

3 Tablespoons of melted butter

1 Teaspoon of vanilla

Directions:

In a large bowl, add in dry ingredients and mix. ( Flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.)
Add in the egg, milk, butter and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
Heat the skillet to medium heat, make sure the fire is not turned up high.  
Pour 1/4  cup of batter onto the skillet and let cook. 
I like to wait a couple of minutes until you see the holes on the top of the pancake to flip. Pancake should be golden brown.

Repeat until batter is done.


Wala! How easy is that?! I love this recipe! Hope your breakfast is an amazing experience from now on! No more needing to go to ihop just for the pancakes when you can make them just as good at home!
Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment