Sunday, May 19, 2019

Designing the Boys' Bedrooms



It's been a while since I shared what our rental is looking like since we moved in. We've definitely come a long way in the past year and a half and I'd like to share what we've done to the interior of the place.

This house is a rental, as I mentioned, which means we can't do too much to what it already is and we have to work around what is already there and done to the place and that's exactly what we've been doing. I've learned to leave the paint on the walls of a rental just as is because when it's time to move that's the last thing you want to be stuck doing or paying for. Unfortunately that means we're living with yellow painted walls to EVERY....ROOM... OF... THE ... HOUSE. I know, it couldn't be a more unflattering color for indoors. With that being said, I still want this to feel like our little place so I do have pictures hung up and wall pieces to make the place look better. Let's start with our recent redo in the older boys' room.


A little before pic of their room.  Simple. Minimal. but still it wasn't enough. They outgrew the beds too fast!




 We got rid of their dresser and decided to put shelves on the wall and have their clothes be hung up in their closet. I love how this turned out! We were originally going to completely diy the shelves but it was going to be $500 for all the piping! No thanks! So I found these pipes on amazon specifically made for these shelves. We bought and stained the wood and Tada! So proud of my Man for doing this!

Shelves after styling them




Thrifted jars and gifted pickle jars

So for their beds, we needed something that would last them longer than a couple years. Bunkbeds! I love having a kids room that isn't super well... kiddish. We found this awesome bed on walmart.com and bedding kept it fun and young from pillow fort from target. Rug was brand new from goodwill $70 but you can find it at target for I believe $129.


David spotted this bull portrait from Target too and said it would look pretty awesome in there. He was right! It was the perfect finishing touch! 
 It's a small room but I think we made it work nicely. They really enjoy it in there and they are now completely sleeping all night in there which is nice!




Onto the babies' room. Here's what we did to make Ethan his own little area in the room. This room is tiny. Like super short slanted ceiling and tiny closet tiny. Somehow we managed to fit two cribs and a dresser in this room along with a rocker/glider and it still looks good! I love this room so much! 



I took my time gathering items for this room and I kept it very cheap. Free finds, clearance and half off goodwill items made my dreams come true in here!






 a little behind the scenes action of Daddy putting together Ethan's crib.


I love how both these rooms came out! They are minimal but still cozy ! They are a little bit more grown up but still have touches of kids style in them. I absolutely enjoy finding ways to make our space work for us. I hope to someday make this my career because I truly enjoy designing and styling a space to feel and look good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment