Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Black Friday Haul ( Goodwill)


                                                             
For Black Friday, we took advantage of having my dad over and David and I hit up a couple of Goodwills just the two of us =) . It felt wonderful to have a little bit of alone time. We weren't gone long, about 2.5 hours and then we were done.  We're still on a very tight/limited budget, with getting ready for baby number 4 we really need to watch where and what we spend on our money on. Fortunately as I mentioned before, I have been doing a good job with selling stuff on my apps and I average 40-80 dollars a week so I use that to get things from the Goodwill. And sometimes I buy things I find there to resell. I have good luck with finding quality and sometimes brand new items at the Goodwills I shop at. So Here I am sharing the finds I found on black friday! EVERYTHING was 50% off from the ticketed price including new things from Target!

1. Ingenuity Dream Comfort Play Pen

I saw this and one other one at my local Goodwill. I was hoping and praying it would still be there on black friday and Thank God it was still there! It was priced at $79.99 so I bought it for $40. Brand new in the box that's a steal! Retails for $139.99 at Target. We haven't assembled it yet or even taken it out of the box but we will in the next coming weeks.
2. Little Green Proheat Carpet and Upholestry Cleaner from Bissell. 

Oh my Gosh I have been wanting this little cleaning machine for about 2 years now! It Retails for $99.99 and I can't pay the full price for one product. At Goodwill it was priced at $69.99 so the day of, I bought it for $35! I did notice that on black friday on target.com they were selling it for $49 but I still got the better deal ;).

I already used it and It really does the trick! Benjamin had spilt my coffee on our new rug a few months back and I used this on the spot and it's pretty much all gone. I might do a second cleaning over it to make it look 100% but I'm shocked it worked on an older stain.

3. & 4.

Wondershop Ornaments and Prelit Star Tree topper

 We found both these brand new in their boxes priced at $9.99 each. I bought them for $5 each!
 The ornaments I found are similar to the ones I'm showing above but a little nicer and on the box Target sells them for $20. They are so pretty! Includes clear ornaments and different sized ones.  Here's how our tree turned out. 




Our tree was a curb alert Free find and we are so happy with it! It's beautiful and stands tall at 7.5 ft! We've NEVER had such a big beautiful tree like this ! 



5. This little red barn decoration

It was priced at $1.99, I got it for $1.  I added the little gingerbread men ornaments on it.

6.  3 pairs of shoes and a hat

The shoes I bought for $1.50 each. All brand new and yes I've already broke them in. The hat I bought for $3. 

7. Vintage Steel Hobart Letter cabinet

I don't know what it is about this but I fell in love with it! I found it on Black Friday and it was priced at $29.99 . I decided not to get it. I held off for the next half off day at Goodwill and if it was still there than I would get it. So that's what we did . It's currently in the boy's room full of crafting and teaching supplies but I can't find the right spot for it. It might be one I save to display once we have our very own home.


If you have more than one kid, you know walking and holding hands with your significant other doesn't happen often since one is usually holding a kid and the other is pushing a stroller or running after one. So moments like these I treasure. I love my man so much!


This was while at the Goodwill. I was using my phone as a mirror to see how these sunglasses looked and I got scared because there was a guy smiling back at me through the camera.... it was a poster on the window... hahahaha


My next item I'm sharing is NOT from black friday but I did score at the Goodwill. I found two of the same carseats for $64.99 each. We looked up the reviews and retail price before purchasing and we were shocked! 


Benjamin has been sitting in a rear facing infant carseat still and we desperately needed to get him into something safer and more comfortable to suit his growing body. With another baby on the way we figured something that can grow with the baby would be our best best rather than buying an infant car seat and than needing to upgrade in 9 months. Plus with 3 other kids, I don't see myself unloading the baby and carseat anymore. I'll be either holding him or wearing him on a sling. So for less than even the price of one carseat we scored two! 

My final item is NOT from Goodwill.  I have been needing a new diaper bag for a while now , I don't know how other parents do it but my diaper bags never hold up longer than a year! The straps break, stains from milk or juices happen and even holes on the inside. I had been eyeing the new fall Fawn Design bags and I've wanted one for a long time but they are not cheap. Good quality a lot of the time  comes with a hefty price tag. They announced their Un black friday sale and listed the bag I wanted at half off. On top of that, they announced they would introduce Afterpay which means you get your product shipped and than make 4 payments to complete the transaction. So I only paid $24 ( and will pay 24 the next 3 weeks) for my bag and the total is about $86. I think it is worth it. They don't charge interest and shipping was free too. 


Those were my Black Friday finds, I hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment